Improve Your Smile for Senior Pictures Rockville, MD
If you are in your junior year of high school, it is time to think ahead to your senior pictures. These are the pictures that will remain in infamy in your school yearbook and looked at by all your friends for decades. This is not your casual selfie, but something you want to really look amazing in. Your smile is the first thing people will notice in your senior pictures, so visiting the dentist is the best way to improve how you look.
Change What You Dislike About Your Smile
At Twinbrook Dental Center, we can examine you in our cosmetic dentistry office and discuss what you do not like about your smile. If you have gaps between your teeth or they are crooked, stained, or misshapen, we can fix them in our Rockville, MD dental office. There are several ways we can address most aesthetic issues. We will begin by conducting an examination, taking X-rays, discussing the timeframe we are working with, and then presenting you and your parents a variety of options to choose. Since some have set time constraints, it is best to schedule your appointment with our office as soon as possible. You can do so by calling (240) 860-1376.
Dental Veneers to Give You a Flawless Smile
When you want a smile that rivals any Hollywood star, dental veneers are your best option. Dental veneers are thin porcelain shells bonded to the surface of your prepared teeth. They essentially replace the outer layer of your teeth, the enamel. Once bonded in place, all you see is the veneers and not the teeth beneath them. As a result, they can be used to change the shape and size of your teeth so your smile is symmetrical. They can also close gaps between your teeth, cover dark stains, and make your teeth appear straight, even though their actual position has not changed. At Twinbrook Dental Center, we place dental veneers on a regular basis and work to produce the best results possible. During your first appointment with our Rockville office, we will make an impression of your teeth and take measurements in addition to preparing your teeth. This requires us to remove a portion of your enamel so when the veneers are placed, they lay flat and do not make your teeth appear overly large. We will then provide you with a set of temporary veneers to wear while the lab completes the permanent ones. In a week or two, you will need to return to our office so your final set of veneers can be bonded to your teeth. Since several appointments are required and your teeth will be sore for a few weeks, it is recommended to schedule an appointment for around two months before your senior pictures. This way, your smile will be beautiful, and you will be used to your veneers long before stepping in front of the camera. To schedule your appointment, call 240-860-1376.
Check out what others are saying about our dental support services on Yelp: Improve Your Smile for Senior Pictures Rockville
Dental Bonding to Improve the Appearance of Your Teeth
If your senior pictures are just around the corner, the fastest way to improve the appearance of your smile is with dental bonding. Unlike dental veneers, which can take a month, or Invisalign®, which can take a year, dental bonding can be completed in one appointment. This is a non-invasive procedure that is completed chairside, meaning without help from the dental lab. When you come in for your initial consultation, we will discuss the concerns you have about your teeth and then strategize as to the best way to correct them. For example, if one tooth is longer than the rest, we could shave off a portion of it and use dental bonding to contour it. If your teeth are yellow and severely stained, we can place dental bonding material on top of them to cover these deep stains. We can even use bonding to close small gaps in between your teeth, to restore teeth that have been cracked or chipped, and to change their overall shape and size. Dental bonding material is incredibly diverse because once applied to prepared teeth, we can shape it right then and there. Once it looks exactly right, we will harden it with a special dental light and you will be on your way. You can have your senior pictures taken that week, and your smile will look amazing.
Schedule a Consultation Today
At Twinbrook Dental Center, we can improve your smile in time for your senior pictures. Since time is of the essence, call (240) 860-1376 to schedule an appointment with our Rockville, MD dental office right away.
Questions Answered on This Page
People Also Ask
Definition of Cosmetic Dentistry Terminology
- Bleachorexia is when people continue to abuse teeth whitening solutions without consulting professionals, causing significant damage to their enamel and gums in the process.
- Carbamide Peroxide
- Carbamide peroxide is a solution that contains hydrogen peroxide and can help to whiten teeth.
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Cosmetic dentistry is generally used to refer to any dental work that improves the appearance (though not necessarily the function) of a person’s teeth, gums and/or bite.
- Deeper Teeth Stains
- Deeper teeth stains are stains that require professional oral health services and can result from certain foods, beverages or improper oral hygiene.
- Dentin Hypersensitivity
- Dentin hypersensitivity is when the enamel wears down on the tooth enough that the dentin faces exposure and will cause great levels of pain when a person applies pressure to the tooth or drinks hot/cold beverages.
- A dentist, also known as a dental surgeon, is a doctor who specializes in the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of diseases and conditions of the oral cavity.
- Hydrogen Peroxide
- Hydrogen peroxide is a chemical compound in teeth whitening solutions that patients use to whiten the shade of their teeth.
- Relief ACP
- Relief ACP stands for amorphous calcium phosphate, which helps to relieve the pain in sensitive teeth in a gel form.
- Stained Dentin
- Stained dentin can result from certain foods and beverages with a lack of proper brushing. Dental professionals can provide whitening treatments to brighten the teeth.
- Surface Enamel
- The surface enamel is the hard outer shell that protects the dentin and pulp of the teeth. The enamel is the surface that people see when one smiles.
- Surface Teeth Stains
- While surface teeth stains can be inevitable with age, certain foods and beverages will only promote discoloration and faded teeth.
- Teeth Whitening Concentrate
- Teeth whitening concentrate is the bleaching agent that whitens the shade of teeth, which is more effective from a professional and not a general store product.
Back to top of Improve Your Smile for Senior Pictures
The role of preventative dentistry is to minimize the risk of future dental issues in patients. Read on to learn some tips that encourage the prevention of oral issues. If you have experienced and treated dental issues in the past, you will attest that it is better to prevent them from happening in the first…
A smile makeover is one or more procedures done to improve the way that the smile looks. An important part of the process is the initial consultation. Consultations are necessary for any dental procedure, however, it is especially vital for smile makeovers. In some rare instances, the patient may not be a good candidate for…
For individuals longing for a more beautiful set of teeth, a smile makeover can help improve appearance and boost confidence. While some procedures may take several visits to complete, others produce results in just one appointment. However, patients need to be aware of the changes that are necessary to keep the improvements in top condition.…
If you desire a more aesthetically pleasing smile, dental veneers are options that you should consider. Veneers are thin, customizable shells created to cover the front sides of the teeth. A dentist will often suggest this option when there are imperfections on the teeth, some of which are covered in this article. Continue reading to…